Sunday, May 2, 2010

Rain, Rain GO AWAY


In case you missed it, Middle & West Tennessee got hit w/MAJOR rain and flooding this weekend. I must confess that I didn't believe the "hype" that we'd heard from the meteorologists all week long. They kept telling us that we were going to get LOTS of rain. I, honestly, didn't think anything about it this morning when the rain began. However, after running to the post office twice in one hour (it's a LONG story!), I noticed a VISIBLE change in the amount of water on the streets.

When I got home, I looked in our backyard. My husband and I had been watching our creek all morning. The water was clearly rising, and we actually laughed, "Wow, the water's getting higher and flowing quickly." This time, however, I was a big more alarmed as our creek turned first into a raging river followed by a pond; finally, it was a growing lake in our backyard. Thankfully, the water finally subsided, and it never got over the "hill" into our backyard. I didn't get a great picture (I was trying to protect my camera), but maybe you can see how large our lake got this morning.

This will be another story that we add to 330 Lynn Drive's history--the day that the creek turned into a lake. So, we're very thankful that our house didn't flood and are mindful of those experiencing the chaos that these rains have brought.